Is your hair HIGH, NORMAL or LOW porosity?
I am Winney from Lovingkinkycurls.com
This is my story
I transitioned from relaxing my hair to natural in June 2015.
I knew very little about taking good care of hair. I tried everything and bought every single product that was recommended to me by fellow naturals. Unfortunately, not everything worked. I had a longing to understand the science of hair and why supposedly ‘African hair doesn’t grow long!’
By reading books, experimenting and simply learning from others, I have been able to create a routine that has worked very well for my hair. It did not happen overnight, I took time to understand my hair (what it loves and what it doesn’t.)
Why Loving Kinky Curls?
My focus is discovering, experimenting and creating natural homemade hair care products and sharing the recipes to help women transition their DAMAGED/RELAXED Afro/4C hair back to natural, ON A BUDGET!
I understand you may not have the time to actually follow every one of these recipes and therefore, I have created a Recommended Products page to help you pick hair products that are made specifically for natural afro-textured/curly hair. Click on the image below to see the products that I recommend.
We all have unique hair and so what works for me may not work for you, but you can only find out if you have the right information and do some experimenting.
In addition to sharing hair care recipes, I share useful content that will help women of African descent understand their hair and develop simple, easy to follow hair care routines. Find all blog posts here
Want to learn more about 4C Hair?
- Know your hair type? Are you 4C?
- Understanding 4C Hair 101: Growth and Damage
- Causes & Remedies of Heat Damage in 4C Hair
- What is going natural? Is it worth the hype?
Find everything you need to know about Natural oils in the links below
- 21 natural oils to grow 4C hair
- Argan Oil for natural hair growth
- Benefits of Castor Oil on 4C hair
- Benefits of Baobab oil on 4C hair
- Is Olive Oil good for 4C hair
- Coconut Oil for natural hair growth
- Benefits of Shea Butter on natural hair
Do you prefer Homemade Remedies (DIY) for hair growth?
- Rice water for natural hair growth
- Onion Juice for hair growth: Does it really work?
- Learn how to use Bentonite clay to condition your hair
- How to use Fenugreek on 4C hair
- How to make Flaxseed Gel for hair growth
Did you know you can effectively use herbs to grow healthy hair? Find out below.
- 35 herbs you can use in your hair care regimen
- How to use Aloe Vera Juice for hair growth
- Is Neem good for natural 4C hair?
- Moringa for natural hair growth
- Can you use stinging nettle in your natural hair?
Best Oils For Low Porosity HairNovember 5, 2019
Deep Conditioning 4C Hair – A Detailed GuideOctober 29, 2019
A Detailed Guide To Hot Oil Treatment For Natural hairOctober 20, 2019
7 Best Oil Blends To Solve Your Natural Hair ProblemsOctober 14, 2019
For purposes of understanding my point of reference, on the hair grading systems, my hair falls in the 4C Hair category. Many African women have type 4 hair in general but there are such great variations on the type 4 hair scale alone that I personally use the term 4C hair loosely, so that you understand broadly what I mean when I describe my hair type.
Otherwise, whilst I reference to 4C hair (only because it’s the hair type I have most experience in) the information in this blog is broadly for afro-textured/kinky/coily hair type.
Growing your hair doesn’t have to be an hectic or expensive journey, it should be as simple and as affordable possible.
Happy to answer your questions. You can reach me through the contact us page.
You can also subscribe to our website to get notified whenever we post new and useful information.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR HAIR POROSITY TYPE? CLICK TO FIND OUT.
This article will teach you 4 easy methods to test your hair porosity