Did you know hair porosity plays a key role in hair growth? Take this simple hair porosity test to determine if your hair is HIGH, LOW or NORMAL porosity.
Welcome to Loving Kinky Curls. Our little corner on the internet where we talk about healthy hair care practices.
Our goal is to inspire you to love, embrace and appreciate the uniqueness of your natural hair. Whether you have kinky, curly, wavy or straight hair, just know its beautiful and deserves lots of love.
I am Winney the Founder and Digital Creator at Loving Kinky Curls.
This is my natural hair story.
I transitioned from relaxing my hair to natural in June 2015.
At the time, I knew very little about taking good care of hair. I tried several natural hair care routines but nothing seemed to work.
I had a longing to understand the science of hair and why supposedly, ‘African Hair Doesn’t Grow’.
Through books, experimenting and learning from others, I have been able to create a routine that has worked for my hair.
It did not happen overnight, I took time to understand my 4C hair and what it actually needs to thrive.
Why Loving Kinky Curls?
My focus is discovering, experimenting and creating natural DIY hair products and sharing recipes on this platform so you can RESTORE your hair back to life.
I understand you may not have the time to actually follow every one of these recipes and therefore, I have curated a page with ESSENTIAL PRODUCTS and tools that you will need on this link:
In nutshell, for a simple hair care routine, you will need the following:
- A good moisturizing Shampoo and conditioner – Check this set
- A healing deep conditioner to use once or twice a month
- A light sealing oil for low porosity hair or a heavier oil for people with high porosity hair
- A bentonite clay mask to be mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar for clarifying and reviving those juicy curls
- A satin bonnet to protect the hair when sleeping
- Crotchet faux locs braids for protective styling or a good quality lace front wig for the lazy days 🙂
In addition to sharing hair DIYs, we’ve written tons of relevant articles to address common hair challenges Find all articles here
Other Recommended Products
Want to learn more about 4C hair?
- How to grow 4C Hair fast
- Know your hair type? Are you 4C?
- Understanding 4C Hair 101: Growth and Damage
- Causes & Remedies of Heat Damage in 4C Hair
- What is going natural? Is it worth the hype?
Everything you need to know about Hair Growth Oils
- Is coconut oil good for hair?
- Best light oils for low porosity hair
- Best sealing oils for high porosity hair
- Is avocado oil good for hair?
- 21 natural oils to grow 4C hair
- Argan Oil for natural hair growth
- Benefits of Castor Oil on 4C hair
- Benefits of Baobab oil on 4C hair
- Benefits of Shea Butter on natural hair
Do you prefer Homemade Remedies (DIYs) for hair growth?
- Deep conditioning hair mask: DIY recipes
- Avocado and Banana Hair Mask For Extreme Hair Growth
- Rice water for natural hair growth
- Onion Juice for hair growth: Does it really work?
- Learn how to use Bentonite clay to condition your hair
- How to make Flaxseed Gel for hair growth
Did you know you can effectively use herbs to grow healthy hair?
- 35+ herbs you can use in your hair care regimen
- How to use Aloe Vera Juice for hair growth
- Is Neem good for natural 4C hair?
- Moringa for natural hair growth
- Can you use stinging nettle in your natural hair?
Lemonade Braids: How Did They Get the Name? Still in Style?August 19, 2022
The Fascinating History of Box Braids, Culture & EvolutionAugust 19, 2022
Dookie Braids: Why are They Called Dookie? How to InstallAugust 18, 2022
Is The Natural Hair Movement Dead? The Rise & FallAugust 18, 2022
For purposes of understanding my point of reference, on the hair grading systems, my hair falls in the 4C Hair category. Many African women have type 4 hair in general but there are such great variations on the type 4 hair scale alone that I personally use the term 4C hair loosely, so that you understand broadly what I mean when I describe my hair type.
Otherwise, whilst I reference to 4C hair (only because it’s the hair type I have most experience in) the information in this blog is broadly about hair care.
Growing your hair doesn’t have to be an hectic or expensive journey, it should be as simple and as affordable possible.
Happy to answer your questions. You can reach me by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE THE BEST OILS FOR LOW POROSITY HAIR?
In this article we have reviewed 13 light oils for LOW POROSITY hair