Welcome to Loving Kinky Curls. The only (#1) place on the internet where you will find exclusive content on natural hair, written with love and a pinch of my own 4C hair experiences.
I am Winney the Founder and Digital Creator at Loving Kinky Curls.
This is my natural hair story.
I transitioned from relaxing my hair to natural in June 2015.
At the time, I knew very little about taking good care of hair. I tried several natural hair care routines and even bought tons of products that were recommended in the natural hair community. Unfortunately, I did not get the results I desired.
I had a longing to understand the science of hair and why supposedly ‘African hair doesn’t grow long!’
Through books, experimenting and simply learning from others, I have been able to create a routine that has worked very well for my hair. It did not happen overnight, I took time to understand my hair (what it loves and what it doesn’t.)
Why Loving Kinky Curls?
My focus is discovering, experimenting and creating natural homemade hair care products and sharing the results, tips & recipes to help women transition their DAMAGED hair back to natural, ON A BUDGET!
I understand you may not have the time to actually follow every one of these recipes and therefore, I have created a Recommended Products page to help you pick hair products that are made specifically for natural hair.
We all have unique hair and so what works for me may not work for you, but you can only find out if you have the right information and do some experimenting.
In addition to sharing hair care recipes, I share useful content that will you understand and take good care of your hair. Find all blog posts here
Wondering what Products to use?
- Best black owned products for natural hair
- Best oils for low porosity hair
- Best shampoos for dry 4c hair
- Best essential oils for dry hair
Want to learn more about Natural Hair?
- Learn how to grow 4C Hair fast!
- Know your hair type? Are you 4C?
- Understanding 4C Hair 101: Growth and Damage
- Causes & Remedies of Heat Damage in 4C Hair
- What is going natural? Is it worth the hype?
Find everything you need to know about Natural oils in the links below
- 21 natural oils to grow 4C hair
- Argan Oil for natural hair growth
- Benefits of Castor Oil on 4C hair
- Benefits of Baobab oil on 4C hair
- Is Olive Oil good for 4C hair
- Coconut Oil for natural hair growth
- Benefits of Shea Butter on natural hair
Do you prefer Homemade Remedies (DIY) for hair growth?
- Rice water for natural hair growth
- Onion Juice for hair growth: Does it really work?
- Learn how to use Bentonite clay to condition your hair
- How to use Fenugreek on 4C hair
- How to make Flaxseed Gel for hair growth
Did you know you can effectively use herbs to grow healthy hair? Find out below.
- 35+ herbs you can use in your hair care regimen
- How to use Aloe Vera Juice for hair growth
- Is Neem good for natural 4C hair?
- Moringa for natural hair growth
- Can you use stinging nettle in your natural hair?
How to Wash 4C Hair in Sections (Tips & Benefits)October 9, 2021
The Best Guide on How To Grow High Porosity HairOctober 8, 2021
Sisterlocks: 5 Things You Need To Know Before Getting ThemOctober 8, 2021
White People with Dreads (Is it Culture Appropriation?)October 6, 2021
For purposes of understanding my point of reference, on the hair grading systems, my hair falls in the 4C Hair category. Many African women have type 4 hair in general but there are such great variations on the type 4 hair scale alone that I personally use the term 4C hair loosely, so that you understand broadly what I mean when I describe my hair type.
Otherwise, whilst I reference to 4C hair (only because it’s the hair type I have most experience in) the information in this blog is broadly about hair care.
Growing your hair doesn’t have to be an hectic or expensive journey, it should be as simple and as affordable possible.
Happy to answer your questions. You can reach me by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE THE BEST OILS FOR LOW POROSITY HAIR?
In this article we have reviewed 13 light oils for LOW POROSITY hair